By now, most NetSuite customers have the Release Preview available for them to perform the upgrade testing. With any new release, there is a likelihood of existing customizations breaking, and that’s where the need for testing arises in the RP environment. Testing in RP minimizes the risk and businesses can be prepared well in advance to avoid any last-minute confusion.
Xcelero is all set to make sure your RP environment works well, and help you identify and mitigate risks. Preparation is a major part of any endeavor, and so is the case with automation testing. The rest of the blog talks about the different things you should be doing in preparation before starting with your regression testing, so that you have a trouble-free experience during the actual testing window.
1) Xcelero Bundle – Make sure you have updated to the latest version of Xcelero bundle in your RP instance.
2) Xcelero Configuration – Make sure you update the Xcelero configuration before performing any testing.
3) Xcelero Tokens – Old tokens may no longer be valid after a refresh. Create fresh ones and update them in Xcelero by simply clicking on the update button under the token section, and enter the token details along with the Customer Unique ID, which would have been sent over to you a while back from the Xcelero Customer Success team. If you do not have the Customer Unique ID, please feel free to reach out to us.
4) XCloud Service – Verify you have a valid service available. Navigate to Workload from Xcelero administrator tab to check if the XCLOUD service is deployed on your RP account and returning valid information. This page would return an error in case the service is not present or is misconfigured. Feel free to reach out to us in case you encounter any error on the Workload page.
5) Credentials – Employees may be set up differently in Production versus your Sandbox and RP instances. Make sure to add/update the virtual users with the appropriate roles, which would be used by Xcelero to perform the test executions.
6) Auto Discovery – Perform the Auto Discovery in your RP instance after installing the Xcelero Bundle. This ensures Xcelero is aware of all the different forms available in the environment.
7) Xcelero Administrator Role – Make sure to reassign the Xcelero Administrator role in the employee record each time you update the Xcelero bundle on your RP instance.
Note:- Xcelero recommends testing and retesting the existing groups in your RP instance, analyze failures if any and compare the results with your SB instance.